Tuesday, August 7, 2018

It's all about them toes, ‘bout them toes…

It's all about them toes, ‘bout them toes…
Getting back on my trike this morning I decided it would be good to save elliptical workouts for during the school year. After riding my trike while Grandpa kept track of my laps (now that I've been told that I have very horrible immediate recall, I recognize all the ways that I compensate for it but it's just the way of life, no biggie), I was off to get a pedicure. I arrived very early just to be sure that morning traffic would not delay my arrival and little did I know there was a much more exciting reason I left early. When I first got to International Salon Spa Academy there were a few co-workers there who helped me make a decision on a wonderful color polish. Of course they were checking out while I was talking to them and this caused me to draw very unfortunate conclusions.
I had a wonderful lady who gave me a pedicure and painted my toes with a wonderful yellow! After having a fantastic conversation while magic was worked on my weird foot, I was directed to a place for additional product to compliment with my new polish- excitement! As I was headed to the nearby store to get the additional product, I heard a lady chasing mw saying that I did not pay for my services. I turned around had my badge on and showed it to her and said I thought this was complimentary service to educators. She said oh well it is... What school do you work at? That is where I drew unfortunate conclusions. I thought that my badge was completely visible although I did have my huge black purse on and it was probably covering up my badge. I also assumed that talking with the other group of District 11 employees was a giveaway. However I do credit them in the fact that it was pretty busy. Because I was asked what school I work for and all of that jazz when I made the appointment, I didn't exactly know that you had to check out and it wouldn't be with the same person who checked in with and told your whole life story to. Next I wasn't ready to go home so I decided stop in a restaurant. Unfortunately it was very lightly sprinkling when I headed to the restaurant. I take awhile to decide even though I wasn't hungry so I was just going to get a drink and while I was deciding I received a text message that Esam and Asad wanted to take me out for dinner. By this time it was only lightly sprinkling so I knew I could race home and put up my hotrod.
During dinner we unintentionally met how many their friends and it was absolutely awesome! Our server could tell by by their accent that they are from where she is from or nearby. It warms my heart to see people make connections with others. Even though approximately 99.7% of the time Asad and Esam were speaking Arabic and I had no idea what they were saying, Esam would occasionally enlighten me. There were even times that he just told me what was going on. I would get extremely excited when things that Elias had taught me would resurface in my mind. It was childlike excitement when I would just blurt it out not having any idea what it meant, but it was the fact that I remembered!
My eyelids are growing heavier and heavier. Today I realized much like I do everyday that  I absolutely miss the students and the adventures of each day at work, and I am so ready to get back to some sort of schedule in life. It is wonderful that every day is scheduled for being unscheduled! I did have my summer as scheduled as possible, but that too was scheduled for being unscheduled chaos! Life is good :-)! It’s all about them toes because I have extremely beautiful yellow toes and I even was given the polish they used as part of the pedicure! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment