Monday, August 6, 2018

Reflection

On occasion I forget things in the microwave not finding them until the next time the microwave is used which is sometimes the next morning. After I went to the psychologist and he said that I have no memory, he continued and wondered how I hold a job and am in the living situation I am. This explains so much of my life; the crazy idiosyncrasies I have are making so much sense. Whether it is because I'm noticing more often when I forget things or perhaps it is the self-fulfilling prophecy taking over (my favorite psychological term learned).            
This afternoon, after trike riding I was going to make something for lunch. I found something amazing and put in microwave but while it was warming up I opened the fridge and found something else that I thought I better eat. Forgetting about what was in the microwave I turned on the stove and begin to cook. Out of sight, out of mind! So again it's reinforcing (to myself) why I travel around work with my schedule visible to me at all times.
This also explains why I have several alarms going off my phone to remind me of one event. The  appointment with my psychologist seems to be something I will reflect on constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment