Saturday, July 21, 2018

2 in 1 The Struggle is Real- Soft Kitty - Inner Warrior Spirit


2 in 1 The Struggle is Real- Soft Kitty
     I am a pretty self-sufficient woman…  with help from everyone around. One of the difficulties since my brain injury is that I have not been able to clip my nails. Most of the time it is hard enough to have someone else clip them because my fine motor skills are out of whack my hands shake uncontrollably (intention tremors). I am often given tasks to do in my head like saying the alphabet backwards  so I am no longer intentionally trying to hold my hands still. My nails are very thin and were ripping off constantly. What could I do, What could I do? I could go get a manicure and get my nails done all pretty but I'm too rough on my hands and that would not last for long at all. There are normally friends around who I can ask for help but not then. Perhaps I'll run into somebody that just looks like they want to cut my fingernails, I thought. So I put my clippers in my purse, my huge duffle bag purse. I sat in my hot rod and was off.
First I stopped by Sally's and asked if someone would clip my nails although I thought it may be against a rule, regulation, or something to that effect. The kind lady looked at me and said we sell hair products. In my head I was thinking, “well most of the places that sell hair products also sale nail products... and know how to clip nails, right? Terrible thing to be thinking, I now know. However she did tell me that Amy's Nails was a few doors down. Well I didn't know that, for some reason I thought this was Amy's Nails. I headed out the door and went went to Amy's Nails, pulled my clippers of my duffle bag and in approximately 5 seconds later she she was done. Things we take for granted. Let me recommend Amy's Nails to anyone who gets their nails done in any form or fashion because unfortunately I do not.
Next I was headed to Starbucks to get Grandpa's coffee. It made me so excited that Grandpa actually wanted coffee again! I unintentionally ran into Megan who has two absolutely adorable boys. They were curious about me and my wheelchair. I explained my situation and read my books to her boys as they were very engaged and had wonderful questions. Megan and I were talking and she explained that her husband works for the Air Force as a civilian.
Trying to stay within my Starbucks budget,  I was jokingly throwing a fit about the total being over the normal price. Unfortunately there happened to be someone behind me (normally I order when there is no one behind me because I take a long time to make decisions) and he decided to pay for it. Robert and I talked for at least 20 minutes as alarms were were going off on my phone to be places but I have become so accustomed to ignoring them- - that makes two habits I need to break: taking forever to order at Starbucks and ignoring my alarms. I was excited to learn that Robert's daughter has special needs - - an instant connection! I became so excited! Although I told him I work for a middle school I forgot to tell him that I work with special-needs students! I was super excited at that moment but I'm sad that I forgot to mention that so he couldn't share my excitement.
I want to Verizon and have some minor repairs made to my phone - - actually I was just learning how to use it. I was later sent to Best Buy as I was told that they may have what I needed in stock. I got there and Best Buy did have what I needed. My excitement went through the roof when speaking to a cashier because she had an English accent - - I love making connections between people I've known and people I meet - - her English accent totally reminded me of my dad's next door neighbor! Then I headed back to Verizon because I recently found a clicker that I thought I remembered was for camera on my phone. I handed it to them and asked them to make sure it's connected to the new phone. They sent me back to Best Buy where the employee and I had a great conversation while he pulled a few magic tricks and figured it out! I went back to Verizon to get assistance with a phone function and as I was heading out the door and I began to cry. I had no idea what I was crying about although I wish to a thousand things in my head  but I could be crying about this time but they were all things out of my control so I just laughed. By the end of all this my head was killing me and I just needed to go home and sleep but even after I took a cat nap my head was still pounding and I needed Soft Kitty to be sung to me.
Oh wow so this is two in one because this is Friday and Saturday, on Saturday.
Saturday was not very eventful and I was totally discombobulated. I got ready to do my normal morning routine and things were altered. I got to the office and there was an amazing fifth grader who asked me about my wheelchair. I told him use my car and ended him my book and he read it to me. Talk about an amazing reader! Later I talking to the men in the comfy chairs. And they were describing meditation. Although I have not researched the site yet, one of the men explained how he was suffering from PTSD and other ailments and mentioned the Inner Warrior Project and how meditation has helped him. See the link below for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment