Friday, July 6, 2018

Reunion?

I woke up this morning super excited about the coffee get together with the Summer Coffee and/or Hillside group. When I first arrived at Peak Place I was instantly drawn to Frank Sinclair. Come to find out Frank was a pastor.Athough I know it but at the moment never realized it, even though this wasn't my normal Starbucks, God put these people in my path. Frank and I talked for a little while as more teachers showed up to Peak Place. Before going to sit down and talk with the teachers, I noticed a few people who were signing. I turned away from what I was doing and went over and started signing. Find out, one of them is the assistant wrestling coach at CSDB! I talked to him for a little bit with my very limited sign language and then I turned my attention to the educators. I was going to say teachers however I'm not a teacher and neither is Mrs. Mehlhop. I believe at one time everyone had been at Westsider so there was a common thread. Although it has probably been many years, in my brain it seems like yesterday that I worked with Angel Chavez and Denise Gutierrez (I am throwing an internal party right now because I spelled her name before looking it up). Oh wow! I also was able to visit with Jean…. Speaking of feeling like yesterday, I didn't realize until just now that Jean Mehlhop no longer at West-- wow! This was a reunion type event… that is why a few people were saying that… but I just went along with it. If you were in my brain, you would see me doing me sign for  “oh, I got it!”

Although  I don't remember her name, I met this awesome lady! I don't even remember what grade she teaches but if any of you were there, she sat next to me (Kim, and I think she teaches SPED?). And no, there were no other EAs there, but that did not matter to me. Sorry that this is not very incoherent, but I'm just writing my random thoughts now. I hope you guys have an amazing weekend and don't forget smile! Thanks Daddy!

I absolutely love being included in this and thank you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment