Thursday, July 26, 2018

Procrastination or Justification?


Procrastination or Justification?
Putting off going to Walmart because the neighborhood Walmart did not have any WD-40 I found out was not procrastinating at all. It was actually letting p my brain digest the options which I thought were nonexistent. I had and it gone to King Soopers and was sad when all they had were smaller bottles of WD-40. As I was waltzing down the aisle with an employee, he suggested something. I had completely forgotten about. I explained the situation to the employee and he said why don't you go to Ace Hardware, it's right across the parking lot! Oh my lanta! How and why did that never cross my mind over the past couple weeks I have been putting off going to Walmart Supercent. Come on weeks Kimi? You have not been on summer break for that long, you've only been thinking about this for days and maybe only hours! I went to Ace Hardware and that was so much fun! There was a man in there who was very loud and made sure that everyone else could hear every line he thought was funny and every comment he had to make about every item to look at... Especially a $200 lunchbox his son thought he needed for high school at Doherty? I didn't stay around to hear about that but as I had explained, I could hear about it no matter where I went in the store.
I did find WD-40 and actually could have purchased at King Soopers but I suppose I needed a little excitement to blog about and God knew this.
I decided to stop by Starbucks on the way home even though it would only be for a little while. I rolled in and I was greeted by. Essam,  my awesome friend from Iraq and his friend, Assad. It really warmed my heart to talk about Elias, the man who introduced me to both of them. Especially because Elias has since passed away.
I was able to see Sherry but either she was busy or I was busy so we were not able to talk much. She is such an amazing woman; no, her being a petite little Japanese women and the excitement I get when I think of Bachan, a petite little Japanese women have zero correlation.
I am glad that I spend so much time at Starbucks because today I have been shown in several different ways how important it is to remember the student's names when I see them at school and especially outside of school. Whether it was on my trip to King Soopers or when I was recognized by a Starbucks barista who was leaving for the day, I was on cloud nine!
Deciding I better head home because the rain clouds are coming, before I close this blog I just want to praise God for Rebecca Freeland! While I was going to complain about my tiredness and not sleeping well, God put her post in front of my journaling ability. I was about to complain about not having adequate sleep, Rebecca has not had any sleep for the past 4 days because her special needs child! Rebecca please know that I am praying for you guys! Thank you for being so open and vulnerable about your life struggles.
In closing I would like to say that I do not procrastinate, if I would have fed my need for instant gratification and gone to Walmart Supercenter I would have not realize there's a store in wheelchair distance from my house carried the needed product, WD-40. What many would call procrastination or justification, I subconsciously know the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment