Friday, July 27, 2018

The Struggle is Real, Lighten Up!

The Struggle is Real, Lighten Up!
I woke up this morning and was absolutely livid about things that did not occur last night but then realized that it was no fault of her own. There were so many thoughts racing through my mind and they were not all good things-- I wanted to cry. What keeps me from crying is that I keep remembering the doctor telling me how amazed he was at how well I am doing and that he can't believe that I I'm on my own, hold a job, and function like I do. As much as I want to give up and let my brain injury take over, I can't. I think of all the people who are dealing with this with me. I think of Jaimie Jennings. Jamie was in the very first math class I took (2000?) at UCCS. She also has a brain injury and understands more than I can imagine about how life is struggle. After I totally panicked waking up text messaging and freaking out, her calm response with exact details reminded me that she understands. Not everybody understands or even wants to understand, but I smile as I think of the amazing people in my life who have accepted the differences, and allowed their life to grow in learning about this new way of life.
I was about ready to close out because rain is coming when I received a phone call. It was a friend who has moved because of the military, he was having a rough day but after he was reminded of the awesome person that he is, he assured me that things were better.
Dealing with this is on one hand, a very serious issue, but as I had my tea refilled and the barista told me about my fashion issue my headband being the top of my head around my ponytail instead of my forehead) it's not always that serious :-).
I entered Starbucks this morning being completely sad but as it happens everyday, God showed His face in the simple things and my day has gotten so much brighter.
I definitely understand that some things in life are serious but we are, on a grander scale, all dealing with the same struggle and living the same life. (however let me go ahead and tell you that when you try to tell me that we are all fighting the same battle and you are dealing with the same thing I am, there will be an issue :-)). My train of thought I'll probably have jumped the track and not remember what you're talking about. And for you to decide when I'm going to remember something is not your place, and what I found out is it's not even mine! Thanks Doc! Yes this life is a struggle and it is real, but sometimes… lighten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment