Saturday, July 7, 2018

Devine Appointments Starbucks #7718

Divine Appointments Starbucks #7718
After going to see Ant-Man and the Wasp with Jason, I went to The Office. With the inside not being very busy, I was going to head home to write. As I first entered, I noticed a lady sitting alone. After I got situated I waited a little while before striking up a conversation, but I just couldn't ignore the Voice telling me to speak to her. I had a conversation starter planned-- she reminded me of my Aunt Regina. Fortunately God had a much deeper plan-- there was much more to this Divine appointment.
This lady, Patty, shared her struggle in dealing with the “lack of community” feeling she has in Colorado as opposed to in the South (Waco, Texas) and after living in Mississippi for about a decade, I could empathize with her. God opened many doors to a very meaningful conversation and it was evident why I ended up there today, but wait, there’s more!
Searching for words to express my thoughts, I asked Bradley for help but he directed me to Ashley. She gave me great ideas but because I didn’t put them in my notes immediately that train (of thought) departed. I found out that she goes to Calvary Worship Center and excitement overflowed my heart!
Ready to head home I realized that I messed up my hot rod and thought to ask Bradly if he could fix it. Luckily he was off the clock and took the time to fix it before he left. Boy oh boy am I so thankful for the people God puts in my life! Bradley fixed my chair and I headed home. As God used me to remind Patty to be on the lookout for the many ways that God shows up, I too needed to be reminded of that; there is always more than I anticipate to any and every Divine appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment