Sunday, July 8, 2018

Western Omelette

Western Omelette
I was told before heading to bed that I would be picked up for breakfast in the morning. She told me then where we going but after all of the excitement at Starbucks I had completely forgotten. I texted her to find out but after I got home and all the commotion was gone I thought about it and I remembered where we were going. On the way to breakfast we had an awesome conversation about how God's Will is going to happen when all is said and done. And we both described a time that we thought we knew the perfect way but it didn't end up that way but the way it ended up will be good and perfect no matter what we think.
Arriving at the restaurant, Western Omelette, I noticed it was already extremely busy. Bill, the man at the front counter, got my attention shortly after we walked in and described how he was and is disabled. He later described how God kept him strong through everything that he has dealt with and told me a little about it. Growing up on a Navajo reservation with a disability must have been so difficult; having a disability with all of the accommodations city life offers is hard enough. To me, having a disability seems to create a connection with other people who are disabled or have gone through a significant loss. I've had a mother who lost a child make a connection because she sees her loss as similar to the loss I had when I lost abilities and independence. There have been a whole host of reasons that I have observed people explain as to why they feel a connection. Weather it's a perfectly abled person who's dealt with a loss of some sort, to another disabled person, and even caregivers - - I am completely amazed at the connection some people make. It is finally starting to make sense why I was once told that I make friends wherever I go. It's not so much I'm always intentionally trying to make friends, but I have been put in this position, obviously disabled with an outgoing personality, to foster conversations involving other’s outlook and/or acceptance of life with a disability. This as well as gaining further acceptance of my own disability and way of life. At least my conclusion for today :-). I hope you have the most amazing Sunday yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment