Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Not only Colorful Colorado, Care-ful Colorado

Not only Colorful Colorado, Care-ful Colorado
I was off on my adventures this morning and around 10 was already headed back to my house from the grocery store. I wasn't listening to music, I wasn't listening to another person talk, I wasn't doing anything that should have distracted me from driving. Oh and I had my groceries on the back of my wheelchair and a 12 pack water bottles down on my foot pedals in between my feet. I went over a bump. I didn't think it was that big so I guess I was going a little too fast and the water bottles jostled. Alright maybe a little more than jostled because the package broke open and bottles shot in every different direction.
I was fine picking up the water I just had to reach a little on a couple that rolled back down to the curb. “No biggie, it's just a thing” I thought. A few minutes later I was trying to arrange the package that what is now useless on my foot pedals. Within a couple minutes a man drove over to me apologizing that no one had stopped to help me. He said he was going down the other side of the street and saw what happened and he turned around.
No sooner did we get all the bottles put on the wheelchair did I have more excitement. This time I was by a restaurant when I ran off into the rocks. Rocks inhibit my progress and if I try to get out of them they reverse my progress. Luckily a nice lady a British accent and a few other people helped me.
When the first man helped me with my water bottles everywhere he seemed sort of discouraged because no one had stopped by the time he came back. It was really nice because he was trying to encourage me not knowing that it's just a thing that did not phase me at all.
I am so grateful for these amazing people! I wish the first man could have seen the second event occur. More often than not there are people who are not preoccupied with their daily agenda and are able to lend a helping hand. Colorado is  such an amazingly colorful state but it is also full of people who care.

No comments:

Post a Comment