Monday, July 16, 2018

He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands! Starbucks/ Devine Appointment #71618

He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands!

Waking up not having a laid out schedule of one my day, I was a little uneasy. I knew I had a meeting with Frank this morning but being that there was a 15-minute difference in travel time from one of the coffee shop to the other (Peak Place or Pikes Perk), there was an issue. Both of them have PP as an acronym- the mnemonic device I use to remember things so I was unsure of the exact meeting place. I can credit my over planning and short-term memory failure here. This was put in my calendar on the day the appointment was made and it had alerts starting at 4 this morning this morning. However, I pushed those alerts aside to Facebook Mr. Frank at 4:30 this morning panicking about where we were supposed to meet. But all turned out well and we had such an amazing meeting!! The way God orchestrated everything we talked about was absolutely incredible! Ya know, most of the time 1 exciting encounter would be enough for the day and being that today I only had a couple hours to meet people, I went to Starbucks to dictate the incredible meeting.


Wanting some quiet time to reflect on do you have that address took place I rode my hot rod from one coffee shop to the other. Just about the time I was approaching the other coffee shop, God said, “Oh no. don't think it's over yet! I have so much more for you!“ before I even made it Starbucks there was a lovely couple walking their bikes on the side of the sidewalk. I thanked them for moving over and we started talking. He mentioned how we had met before and his mom is Jayme McConnellogue  What?!? Since getting promoted I have only seen her once!


Getting to Starbucks I was ready to tell them about my pleasant mishaps and purposely not getting my tea after I paid yesterday. Expecting the worst, I was prepared for being sad. Why I get so uptight and worry about frivolous things is beyond me. The first barista that I explained it to was actually just working at this Starbucks for the day but talked to the supervisor, Ashley as another barista, Courtney wrote me a note. When explaining the situation to Courtney I took at least five minutes but it was so wonderful to hear her explain to Ashley what happened using clear and concise language. I have a lot to learn :-)


As I'm sure you've read my previous blog about meeting Emily Hanenburg, the wonderful Rocky Mountain Classical Academy teacher at Barnes & Noble; today  I was so excited to learn that the three ladies in Starbucks at the tables next to me all work at The Classical Academy in some form or fashion! I absolutely love to make connections between people so I can remember them easier and I think everyone should know everybody else even if the connection formed in my head is really no connection at all.  After meeting Emily who works at a branch of the Classical Academy and then meeting 3 women who all work at The Classical Academy each in different disciplines, none who knew my recent friend or the first teacher I knew who worked at The Classical Academy a while ago... I am learning that the world is kind of a big place. However it's mind-blowing to think that we serve a God who's got the whole world in His hands!




Sunday 7/15/18!

No comments:

Post a Comment