Sunday, July 24, 2016

Almost Summer's Closing Time

I had been notified earlier this week that I needed to find a way to Church (aka go to Rocky Mountain Calvary). I had listened to bits and pieces of the sermon and fellowshiped Saturday night and went to bed planning to watch the sermon in entirety Sunday morning. As 4:30 rolled around this morning (Sunday) I woke up thinking it was Monday. Not hearing the crazy, early morning, weekday shows on the radio I checked and re-checked the day. Slowly the previous night’s activities came to mind.  I was ready for Church in nothing flat when I became aware that the Holy Spirit was urging me to actually go to RMC this morning. Rolling into Church I was greeted by my favorite people.
As I entered the sanctuary I noticed a “friend.” I thank Jennifer Ulrich for this new meaning of friend-- when I first started assisting at Capernaum, a group of Young Life, Jennifer turned me on to the idea of calling others with disabilities friends. This was hard for me to understand at first much like it is for others, but that’s neither here nor there. My new friend, Jesse and Paul filled me with useful information and unintentionally settled my heart during worship. I relocated to the area I normally sit in during the sermon so I was able to see and focus better. The sermon was absolutely amazing and eased my worries that had been brought up, discussed and prayed for last night.  
Heading home to gather a few items, I was met by a man that I haven’t seen in 2 years. When we first met I don’t think he had a stable job and was dealing with other issues in his life. We went to Peak Place to catch up and he told me that he is now a computer programmer and has put those previous issues away!
Other thoughts that came to my mind when brainstorming about what to write for today included:
  • I am the luckiest girl as very recently I have seen Bachan, Grandpa T and many of my immediate family members
  • Went on my first trike ride with TRP and got to see Alan, Al and tons of my friends and their families     
  • School starts in less than a month and I am so excited to see what God has planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment