Monday, July 11, 2016

Are You Proving or Are You Accepting

Are You Proving or Are You Accepting
Recently I was talking to a friend about God's grace. This friend and I have only known each other for a couple weeks so I don't know this friend’s life story and don't remember a certain situation being stressed or example given showing that God's forgiveness was needed (You ought not be laughing thinking “Kimi, you wouldn’t remember to breathe if it weren’t part of the parasympathetic nervous system). However God quickly reminded me of Romans and brought this verse to mind “For all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23)

With that being said, I trust that I do not have to know everything about my friend, an area exists in my their life where forgiveness is needed.  An area, I thought?? That sounds so cute, and I say that like there are only little areas in one's life that need forgiveness. As a matter of fact, it's a large chunk in my life that needs forgiveness. And right now, God is saying Yes, even though the outbursts that you don't feel responsible for as they have only happened since your brain injury...Forgiveness is needed my friend. Although I want to break out in song singing  “I Am A Friend Of God,” I divert myself from the rabbit trail-- does that mean my filter is working?!?

There have been numerous times since my brain injury (and I’m sure there will be many more) that, for legal reasons, I had to prove myself (thanks for the terminology Bid). I understand that nearly everyone has to prove him or herself in some form or fashion everyday, but this is different. What I once had control of, I am having to re-gain control of.  It is the strangest concept as my mom pointed out (when life was calm) that I am only mean to my family. Verbally but almost too automatically, I said because you are my family and I know you will love me anyways.” Although that seems mean, after meeting people from different areas of the world (Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia today), so blessed to have such a kind, caring, and compassionate family that sticks together. In many places of the world this may not be the case.

I re-met Dan Woolley, a man I first met June 15th with Chuck Boudreau.  I became excited all over again when we discussed what God saved him from in a earthquake in Haiti and I remembered hearing about the earthquake.  I was given Dan Woolley’s book, Unshaken and am so excited to get started!  I did not want to go to Starbucks today as it was much later in the day, but after allowing God to direct my steps (or wheels), I was so blessed by being able to pray with Mr. Dan Woolley and being given his book!

Sorry about the incoherent writing, but while I wondered how this writing would tie into the title, “Are You Proving or Are You Accepting,” now it is clear that the title has numerous meanings. When a hardship is faced, will you try to prove that you can “fix” the problem, or will you seek God and accept what He has for you? The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment