Sunday, July 10, 2016

Big Smile!



I woke up this morning in not the best of moods and I was debating whether to go to the early service or the later. The next thing I knew I found myself passing the fire station thinking that I will visit them after Church-- I'm sure they'd like to have some kind of quiet time in the morning. I arrived at Church and although the church was nearly packed, I happen to bring my own chair... my hot rod (electric wheelchair) :-).
Arriving at Church I was greeted by amazing friends and I noticed two of my friends, Leah and Matthew, were sitting down a row from where I was and it helped start my day off right when Leah made her way over to hug me. After an amazing sermon I ran into other friends. All the friends I had seen so far are regulars at this Church, but a HUGE surprise was yet to come. I left the Church after the major crowd was gone and the foyer was mainly full of ushers.  Thinking about my next stop, the fire station, I turned my head and saw Mr. Gary (Cpt. Green) at this Church! I had no idea that I would  run into  the first Colorado Springs Firefighter I had ever known at Church! His daughter and I used to do gymnastics in his backyard, in our backyard, gosh we were pumpkins for Halloween and oompa loompas in a local play!! My heart was so excited! On the way to Starbucks I stopped by the firehouse and saw one of the firefighters who saved my life on Christmas Eve. However my departure siren would soon sound and Starbucks would call.
The first situation started as I was arranging all of my shenanigans on the table.  I started talking with a couple who serve at a nearby Church. The lady plays the organ at a nearby Church and it was mentioned that the man, Jerry is having triple bypass surgery Wednesday and would appreciate prayers. After having amazing fellowship and prayer, Jerry and his wife left. I talked to others including two amazingly beautiful women who are Korean. Then my favorite lady who is very multicultural ladies brought one of her twins in as the other twin was "too excited about a show that was coming on today" and stayed at home.
Once they left I was able to talk to a man who had been there longer than I had and I was really thrilled to learn it was Scott-- a man I had met before and he had given me his card! I knew there was a reason I didn’t throw away that Faricy Boys card as I thought… “Kimi, what are YOU going to do at The Faricy Boys...I mean really?  Hot Rod (electric wheelchair) tune-up?....I doubt it--Tony (my hot rod repair man) might not think that correcting the damage from auto men working on a wheelchair is too much fun or very funny at that :-(. Soon two friends, Mary Jo and Roy who are deaf showed up.
Mary Jo is a friend who used to work at the Wal-mart near me. I would get so excited when I couldn’t find an item anywhere and would run into her. I would finger - spell what I was looking for and she would show me the correct sign while she simultaneously showed me the location.  Another friend was with Mary Jo.  We all had an awesome conversation and I learned so much!  
As my night is coming to a close, I talked to a friend, Jae, who is newish to the country although he was “born in the States.” I was and still am in shock but an amazed and awestruck shock that a man wanted to pray before we got off the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment