Friday, July 15, 2016

Future?


I am so excited about how the Lord organizes events of my day. First thing this morning I was sad that I did not get a call to go work out but then I remembered I asked Grandpa T not call as sometimes I need to sleep. Unfortunately I do not know if I my sleep will be interrupted until about three o'clock in the morning. That is when I'm either up for the morning or God wakes me up with ideas of what I need to pray and write about.
After my failing attempts to go back to sleep, I rode my trike only a little bit when, like being stung like a bee, I remembered that my sister and neighbors are having a garage sale (street sale?) and my itch to check it out began-- check it out my memory may be coming around….yeah!! I went to her house and hung out for a while and watched people come and find treasures then leave.  Two shoppers even recognized me from Starbucks!?! Then an awesome friend took me to run errands.  He (Mr Elias) even brought me dinner a while later while I was writing
While at the coffee shop, even though the shop was much more calm than normal (partly because of the crazy rerouting of traffic) I knew I was there for a reason. I was able to visit with a friend, meet some new people, and best of all I was able to have much needed quiet time. My life recently has been surrounded with praises and prayer requests that I needed to lay at His feet but it was too busy to process. Now I’m not saying that requests have to be made at a certain time or place, I just process previous thoughts better given time and when in certain environments and a coffee shop is one of them.
It’s curious how I intend to sit at coffee shops to journal and doors are opened to converse with previous strangers. More often than not these “strangers” uncover areas I need to pray about for them and it reveals areas I need prayer for as well. Ryan, one of these “strangers” was having a good day until he made it to Starbucks and locked his keys in his vehicle. What he had planned to be a quick stop in the coffee shop turned out different. He informed me that his wife works at the airport and I knew that is an a prayer request in itself.       
Finally at the coffeeshop it dawned on me that when Jae told me previously that he was going to hike Mt. Princeton today that I should have written it down under today’s date immediately! --EPIPHANY!!-- When given prayer requests about future events, record them under future date in journal!! I am so thankful for this down time I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment