Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Divine Ease dropping?

Divine Ease dropping?
The past few days have been busy,
a whirlwind to say the least.
And then last night my friend came over,
And with him, he brought a feast!

He mentioned he had kimchi
and odds and ends from his place,
As he began heating up the meal,
I had the biggest (internal) smile upon my face!

The first course resembled  a food called goulash,
a wonderful concoction I've not  had since I was a child.
Oh but this was only the beginning my taste buds were already dancing
but this dance was all but mild.

The entree to come was something
I don't remember ever having before,.
According to my friend  there are two reactions--
Either you love it,
or you food will soon say hello to the floor!

The first kimchi I had was spicy, as I am such a wimp.
However the next was so amazing, I was all but inhaling the food--
And told to slow down or I might become a blimp.

It was pretty early the next morning, And God had shown up every step thus far of my day,
When I arrived at Starbucks and begin to set up my “office,”
I was greeted by none other than the amazing Pastor Erik Galloway!

Again I am shaking with excitement and I’m not sure-- I don't know why…
A lady that overheard me talking to a friend and that new friend's sister has a TBI!
The connections were (and are) endless, I began to share what I do,
The lady has a daughter who works for District 11 too!!!

The next person who sat in the chairs,
the chairs right next to me,
Was a very observant neurologist
By my actions it was my brain’s injuries, that he could all but see!

I thought “this has to be it,
I ought to start praying and trying to write a poem”
Much to my surprise God’s plans were different
I would not write until the clouds chased me home.

After my new friends came and left,
A man arrived and sat in a nearby chair,
The man looked similar to many others,
Because this man, he had no hair!

Overhearing their conversation,
the Lord put these two men on my heart.
Come to  find out one of the men is a pastor,
of whose congregation I occasionally was a part!

Now the clouds were coming,
and the rain was on it’s way in.
It is time for me to head home,
And on this poem I will begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment